Rules & Regulations
Dress and Appearance
- Students must come to school wearing the correct school uniform. Uniform must be neatly cleaned and ironed.
- Personal cleanliness, hygiene and neatness is expected at all times. Hair must be neatly cut/pinned/plaited and combed. Nails must be kept clean and short. Boys must maintain their hair trim and neat. Fancy hairstyles and coloured hair is not allowed.
- Failure to comply may result in the student being sent home after two warnings recorded in the diary.
- Students are not permitted to wear costly or fancy watches, chains, earrings, belts etc. Primary students are not allowed to wear watches.
- Students are not allowed to colour / spike / gel their hair, wear nailpolish, tattoo or any henna design. Fancy hairstyles are not allowed.
- The Shirt must be fully buttoned.
- Every student must possess a copy of the school diary and it should be brought to the school daily and presented to the teacher as and when requested.
- Students must maintain the school calendar neatly.
- Parents may not write notes in the school diary.
- In case the student looses the dairy, it must be promptly replaced with a new one. The Diary may be purchased after an explicit written explanation by the parent is submitted to the class teacher and duly counter signed by the class teacher.
- The Remarks/ Observations in the school Diary must be signed by the parents , failing which the students will be given detention for the day.
- Children without the school diary will be detained for two periods.
- Care must be taken to keep the school clean at all times. Litter must be disposed off in the dustbins provided.
- Students must take care of the school property. No scratches, writings or drawings may be made on the school furniture or walls.
- Damage done by accident must be reported to the class teacher. Students who willfully damage school property must make good the damage done.
- Students must respect and obey their teachers and School authorities at all times.
- Running, playing and shouting in the classrooms and corridors during study hours is forbidden. Students must not indulge in fights and physical and verbal abuse in school. Stringent action will be taken against all students instigating and/or participating in such acts.
- Chewing chicklets and gum in the school premises is strictly forbidden.
- Students may not loiter in the classrooms during break or Computer, Games and Activity periods.
- Students may not go to the toilets or to drink water during class time. Such needs must be attended to during the break. However, if any student has a medical problem, the same must be brought to the notice of the class teacher / nurse in writing with medical certificate attached.
- Students are not permitted to bring story books (other than school library books), magazines, picture books, video games, audiovideo cassettes/DVD’s/CD’s, fancy items, Walkman’s or Mobile phones to the school.This rule is applicable for class, practices, Annual Day, Sports Day, Picnic etc. Any such property found in the possession of the student will be confiscated by the school.
- All school leaders must be given due respect.
- Students must record and follow the specific instructions given by their teachers.
Maintenance of Study Materials
- All school books must be labelled and neatly maintained throughout the year.
- Books must be brought according to the day’s timetable.
- Students are not permitted to paste stickers and colour the pages of school notebooks unless specifically instructed by the teachers.
- Students must be present in the school at 7.55 a.m.
- Students will not be permitted to enter class once the assembly has started at 8.00 a.m.
- Parents will not be allowed into the school premises after the first bell at 8.25 a.m.
- Students will disperse at 1.40 p.m.. Parents/Drivers coming to pick up their wards will not be permitted into the corridors/classrooms. They will have to wait in the designated areas for their wards.
- Children coming late to school – after 8:00 a.m will have detention for one period.
- Children are expected to disperse after 1:40 p.m. The School will not be held responsible for any child remaining in the premises after 2:10 p.m. unless the class teacher has asked them to do so. A note for the same will be mentioned in the diary.
Meeting the Staff
- The reporting time for all Staff members is 7:50 a.m.
- Parents seeking quick clarifications from the Staff, may meet them between 7.45 a.m. and 7.55 a.m. on school working days.
- Parents are not permitted in the school corridors after 7.55 a.m. For any detailed meetings, parents are requested to meet the teachers after prior appointment.
- Under no circumstances may a teacher be disturbed in the classrooms. Parents must also make it convenient to meet the Principal/V. Principals/ Co-ordinator/Counsellor/ Teacher in case of such request by the school authorities. Failure to comply with such requests may result in the student being kept out of class.
- Parents may meet the Principal / V. Principals/Co-ordinator / Counsellor by prior appointment.
- Parents must attend the scheduled PTM meetings in the interest of their wards.
- All report cards will be handed over only to the parents/guardians. Under no circumstances will the report card be given to a student or any other unauthorized person.
- Under exceptional circumstances if the parent would like the report card to be handed over to any other responsible person, the prior permission of the Principal has to be obtained and a letter of authorization must be given to that person.
Attendance and Leave of Absence
- All students must be present on the first day and last day of each term. Students must also be present on the re-opening day after the Summer/Winter Break.
- In all cases of absence from school, the parent is expected to make a note in the specified section of the school diary.
- Absence for 3 to 5 days on medical grounds must be accompanied by a medical certificate and should be sanctioned by the Coordinator. For any other absence of more than 5 days the written sanction of the Principal is required.
- Students who are absent on the re-opening days after a Term/holidays without prior permission from the Principal will not be permitted into the class.
- No student should leave the school premises without the permission of the Principal/ V. Principals/Coordinator. Parents seeking to take their child/ward during school hours must meet the Principal/ V. Principals/Coordinator for permission. Students will be permitted to leave the class during school hours only when the parent reports in person at the school reception and secures the necessary permission.
- Students will not be sent with drivers/friends/relatives without the written request of the Parent.
- Students who have been absent for more than a month without permission are liable to have their names struck off the rolls and have to seek readmission.
- Students suffering from contagious diseases must stay away from school and seek medical attention. A student returning to school after suffering from an infection or contagious disease should produce a fitness certificate from the Doctor.
©2018 Gita Vidya Mandir School. All Rights Reserved.